[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:12:45 -0400

> However to clarify for everyone the two grips are not compatible across
> different bodies.
> The Grip 1 is only useable on the OM-2S, OM-3(T, Ti) and OM-4(T, Ti).
> The Steady Grip 2 is only useable on the OM-G(20)
>
> The reason is the location of the screw holes and the presence of the
screw
> holes.
>
> I have just picked up a grip 1 for my OM-4, it came attached to a parts
> OM-2S. In use it is similar to the grip on an OM-PC. I think they are one
of
> the most overpriced accessories for the OM system on the second hand
market.
> Lord knows why they are so hard to come by as they are genuinely useful, I
> wonder why everyone didn't buy one with their OM body?
>
> Dan S.

I have the extra grip for my Om2s. I didn't pay today's prices, but neither
am I quite willing to sell it for today's prices. But it's getting tempting.
If you don't have a winder attached, it really improves the grip.
I had an OMG once with the grip 2. It is not nearly as nice as the extra
grip for the 2s and 4t.
The one built into the covering of the OMPC is also quite nice, but partly
because of the rubber material. The shape on the front is not quite as
secure as that of the grip 1.
Maybe someone needs to design an aftermarket grip to replace the grip 1.
There seem to be a lot of cameras on the auction site, but almost none with
the extra grip, so most people it seems never bought one.

Wayne