[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:42:00 -0800
Mike wrote:

>>The OM4T....and will do everything your OM1 does and then some....
>>
>Working at -50deg?  How about fending off muggers?  Pounding in tent
>stakes?  ;>)

Best camera for those tasks is a Nik*n F or F2. About as good as the
OM-1 at -50deg (and much better than me). Not only better at the other
two tasks, but more likely than the OM to function afterwards.

Personal experience. Nik*n Ftn, 5 ft. drop to concrete floor. Short term
results, crooked, out of focus shot of ceiling of interior of Hoover
Dam, small dent on camera bottom corner. Long term effect on operation,
performance, nil.

Moose