[OM] Re: Digital primes

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital primes
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:58:33 -0800
I think Oly is not alone. Most lens development seems to be going to
zooms and fast, long primes. The disadvantage of the e-1 is that there
is no system of AF lenses for 35mm already there for people who want
them as there is with some other makers. The result, though, is that
even with systems with a lot of 35mm legacy primes is that their design
may not be very good with a sensor instead of film and that their
technology is also old. I have not looked at Canon's site, but if you
look at the lens site for Nikon Japan you will find that the MTFs for
the recent zoom lenses are better than the MTF of the primes, even the
ones with outstanding reputations.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA