[OM] Re: New list member...with a few questions..

Subject: [OM] Re: New list member...with a few questions..
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:19:42 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2005 2:17:15 AM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

HOWEVER,  the 65-200 is infamous because many of them have developed a
hazy inner  rear element. Unfortunately, whatever causes it (and you can
find much  discussion in the list archives) if it is bad enough, it will
have  actually damaged the element and cannot be cleaned or repaired.
There are  also reports of its return after cleaning. There are lenses
out there  without this problem, but it is common enough that one should
be VERY  careful when buying one.

Yes, and you can buy one which is pristine and it can go south on you  later.
 That was my experience.  It looked new and then a year or so  later
developed the dreaded problem.  I did enjoy it, before this  happened.  A
Tamron SP
60-300mm might be a nice addition, however I think  we could all agree he needs
to keep the other lenses.  {8^)  Bill  Barber