[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:27:57 -0000
James wrote:

> "its a well known weakness of the om3 when the speed controlle
> fails it requires a complete disassembly and there are no spares
> so its another controller from a second hand body".... Basically
> around 400-500 pounds hense getting a mint condition om4ti with
> 3 year guarantee from jessops for 400 instead...

The prices in AP for 3/4Ti seem similar at £300-700. I think there's a "New"
4Ti in there for about £1200 this week...

> however this was before I knew about luton or colchester cameras.

I'd recommend giving Colchester Cameras a call to see if they can help.

> On the otherhand would I realy use it in preference to a 4ti...

So would I. If I had to choose between the 3 and the 4T(i) I would choose the
3. But I have a 4T and no 3!

> on the third hand a hand held light meter sounds interesting....

They are; they really teach you about just how many stops out reflective
readings can be.

Where are you based?

Simon