[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:30:59 -0000
James asked:

> **embarrased** ok how does that help?
> I can see (I think) that it tells me that its a bright day or a dull
> day.... rather than its a bright building or a dull building...
> I need a mental model of whats going on!!!!

Well, the whole point is that you want bright things to be bright, and
dark things to be dark, rather then everything just being 18% grey.

Taking a reading of the light falling on the subject completely ignores
its reflectivity, so by default bright things will be bright and dark
things dark -- which is exactly what is required (normally).

Regards,

Simon