[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:50:57 -0000
Chris wrote:

>> it certainly can't get close to the accuracy of incident
>> metering with a light meter.
>
> Oh, I think it can Simon.

It can't. It's not that it's not good; it's not that it's not useful. In
fact, it's superb. But it's just not measuring incident light.

> Have you used an OM4 and its multi-spot system?

No. Not the 4 specifically. But I have a 2SP, 4T, and 3Ti!

> I have used an incident meter only occasionally because my
spot-metering
> has always been, erm... spot-on ;-)

But there are still times when, for accuracy, you simply *have* to take
incident readings. Not often, I agree, but nevertheless it does happen.

No spot metering system can ever replace incident readings. They just
don't (nor can they ever) measure the same thing.

Regards,

Simon