[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:05:08 +0000

On 21 Feb 2005, at 18:50, Simon Worby wrote:

> No spot metering system can ever replace incident readings. They just
> don't (nor can they ever) measure the same thing.

I don't suppose that I am saying that reflected would replace incident,
merely that your metering can be just as accurate with a spot meter as
with an incident meter.  You are measuring the scene's light
differently and you can make gross errors either way.  If you aim your
spot at the wrong part of the scene you will use the wrong exposure; if
you aim your incident meter at the wrong light you will make a mistake.

Therefore I contest your assertion that:

>> it certainly can't get close to the accuracy of incident
>> metering with a light meter.

> No. Not the 4 specifically. But I have a 2SP, 4T, and 3Ti!

I think that they probably count ... ;-)

Chris