[OM] Re: New Silver Nose Lenses.....

Subject: [OM] Re: New Silver Nose Lenses.....
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:50:31 -0500
I think that the upper line of lenses that includes the f/2.0 zooms, the
ultra-wide, and the ultra-long zooms have the silver front rings.  It's not a
silver nose, but it's close.

BTW, those are monster lenses.  Hopefully they won't be priced at ridiculous
prices, but I don't expect any bargains.  Personally, I don't have the buring
need for a eqiv 70-200mm f/2.0 zoom, but it's nice to know that it's there.  I
can get by with my 50-200/2.8-3.5.  I hope these lenses have ring motors to
improve focusing speed over my 50-200, which is OK, but no speed demon.

Skip