[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:17:38 -0000
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

> For me, the important part in the OM-4/4Ti is the ability to spot
> meter at all, not the multispot (although it is useful at times).
> I never use the shadow/hilight buttons, but I use the spotmeter
> and the exposure compensation dial all the time.

Each to their own. I understand your approach. The buttons aren't magic
potions.

> With time, you learn to spot meter a given area of the scene, and
> then add or substract a given number of stops according to your
> rendering intent (e.g., if you measured a spot which is "light",
> add one stop of light to render it light instead of gray).

Except, IMX, it can be as much as 7 stops, not 1!

I do the same, to a certain extent. But if I'm in a difficult position,
and I have the time, I don't bother guessing, and just fish for the
incident meter instead!

Regards,

Simon