[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:45:29 -0700
Simon Worby wrote:
> I do the same, to a certain extent. But if I'm in a difficult position,
> and I have the time, I don't bother guessing, and just fish for the
> incident meter instead!

  Of course, that assumes that you can physically get the meter to be
next to the thing you're taking a photo of, and also that the thing
you're photographing has consistent lighting conditions across all of
it. Ansel Adams' "Moon and Half Dome", for instance, would fail on both
of these counts -- and while there's nothing to stop you hiking back and
forth taking incident readings in and out of shadowed areas to work out
what's going on, it would be a heck of a lot easier to sit in one place
and point a spot meter at different bits of scene..

  -- dan

  (actually, given it's _Moon_ and Half Dome, there would definitely be
some issues taking an incident reading for everything of interest in-shot!)