[OM] Exposure examples. Was OM1-OM4T

Subject: [OM] Exposure examples. Was OM1-OM4T
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:20:34 -0000
Following on from the message Bernard Frangoulis wrote which contained:

+2 1/2 textureless white
+2 extremely light
+1 1/2 light light
+1 light
+1/2 dark light
-1/2 light dark
-1 dark
-1 1/2 dark dark
-2 extremely dark
-2 1/2 detailless black

This made me think about the above descriptions. What is 'light' and 'dark'?
With my Om1n I have a bit of a guess at under/overexposing to get what I want.
I often take several shots with varying exposure to hopefully get one shot
about right. This is a great waste and expensive and I am very conservative on
my adjustments so I end up with loads near identical shots. Has anyone created
a series of scenes which might fit the above descriptions to help us beginners
guage how much to under/overexpose a picture in similar circumstances.?

Rob
robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx