[OM] [Photo] fun with the Olympus D560

Subject: [OM] [Photo] fun with the Olympus D560
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:33:33 -0800 (PST)
Now I did it.  I've gone and toyed with the D560 too long and I started
to get hooked with a digital camera.  I won't be purchasing a digital
SLR anytime soon though I doubt when I'm ready that I'll kick and
scream before I let let go of film.  Shooting digital is definitely
different but still fun. :)

I've been shooting with the D560 trying to learn its many features and
operation in order to explain it to my wife.  It's not that she can't
figure it out herself it's just that she doesn't have the time.  In the
process I learned quite quickly Alcaline batteries are not the way to
go.  Like duh.  So I purchased a MAHA charger (great charger BTW) and
two sets of 2500 NIMH batteries.  I find myself, at least with this
camera, to roughly get what I want composition wise and then crop later
in Photoshop (the viewfinder sucks, only 75% of the field of view and
I'm still not accustomed to using the LCD). Anyhow, here's one image
showing the work of a tree munchin critter:

http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/Winter9.html

(a bit of color correction, some cropping, levels adjustment and a bit
of sharpening)

Richard

http://my.yahoo.com