[OM] Re: The travel kit again

Subject: [OM] Re: The travel kit again
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:24:34 -0700
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
> The tripod: the idea is to leave it in the hotel room most of the
> time, except if I know I will need it (of course, Murphy's law might
> be operative here...). I bought a very light one (1 kg with head), on
> the assumption that no tripod is better than none.

  I carry an Ultrapod (the smaller one) for using with the XA -- it's
great for cameras that size, because it really is pocket-sized even with
normal pockets. Anything much heavier is too much load, though.

  For the OMs, I've got a Slik Compact tripod, which has done me good
service for a long time -- you wouldn't want to have a 1000/11 on there,
and you wouldn't want to use it in high wind, and you wouldn't want to
use it if you object to crouching down to set it up.

  However, none of those things are really a problem for me, and it
packs down small and light enough I can just stick it in the bottom of a
day bag and forget it's there until I need it.

http://www.slik.com/lwse.html

  -- dan