[OM] Re: The travel kit again

Subject: [OM] Re: The travel kit again
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:37:19 -0700
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
> Manfrotto 714B Digi Mini Tripod w/permanent friction ballhead
> (http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/templates.php3?sectionid=303&itemid=1990)

  I've seen those and been tempted, they look very nice, but:

> Closed Length: 44 cm (17.3 inches)

  is three inches too long to fit across the bottom of the bag I
normally carry around, and while I could certainly strap it vertically,
I tend to just dump everything in a daypack along with food/maps/etc,
and so convenience is a significant factor.

> Slik Compact with head
> (http://www.slik.com/lwse.html)
>
> Maximum Load Capacity: ?

  "enough".. I'd guess somewhere around 3-4lbs, I've had an OM and the
65-200/4 on there and it's been okay, but I wouldn't want to go much
heavier than that.

  -- dan