[OM] (OM) OT OT e-mail problems with Verizon Net

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT OT e-mail problems with Verizon Net
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:51 +1300
Hi All

For some time now I have been totally puzzled by my inability to e-mail
people whose ISP is verizon net.

In a newsletter I subscribe to (THE OSTG UPDATE February 21, 2005),
(newsletters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://newsletters.ostg.com/wws/sigrequest/ostg-update
comes an explanation.

I wonder if other  USA ISPs, such as pacbell do the same; now that I see
this report, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
QUOTE
February's Toast to Tech Evil
http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/02/21/1411254&from=rss

    Steve Mallett writes "In this month's mocking toast To Evil! Danny
    O'Brien finds evil within Sun's Hotspot Java Machine, Sun's CSL (the
    other license), and the foolhardiness that is the "secret" email
    filtering techniques of our ugly American Verizon.net in Europe: "...
    banning email coming from countries outside the USA. Given that most
    spam comes from American companies, this sounds a bit like fighting
    stings by locking yourself in a beehive, and smearing yourself with
    royal jelly. But mostly, it's odd because eventually those foreigners
    are going to find someone they *can* communicate with. And once they
    snap out of that crazy bloo-bloo language they all speak, and talk
    proper English to a journalist, Word Will Get Out.""
ENDQUOTE

Brian