[OM] Re: (OM) OT OT e-mail problems with Verizon Net

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT OT e-mail problems with Verizon Net
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:58:00 +1300
Winsor asked

> I did not find an explanation on your links. Wonder what the problem is
> since I use Verizon?

Hi Winsor,  you won't find any problem until you expect e-mail from
somebody outside the USA.

You and they will likely find that their e-mail is prevented from getting to
you.

If you read my posting again, you will see that it says that Verizon have
installed a filter system that bars all incoming e-mail except that originating
in the USA..

This really caught my attention when I saw it, since in doing international
business in another field, I found that a USA client could reach me but my
mail replies did not get to him - until I opened a Yahoo mail account and
mailed from there.  Even using the mail forwarding process given by
bigfoot.com did not get me around this problem.  I don't like Yahoo mail
since it is too slow and clunky, but at least it enabled me to conclude the
business.

Brian