[OM] Re: Tamron 60-300mm SP, now, retail shops and pricing

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 60-300mm SP, now, retail shops and pricing
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:38:33 EST

In a message dated 2/23/2005 8:17:14 AM Central Standard Time,
cdnphoto@xxxxxxxxx writes:

They  were just trying to clear it -- the guy
at the counter told me they rarely  sell any used Oly lenses or gear
these days ...

Sounds like a good deal.  I wonder if they know it could be used on  any SLR
with the proper adaptall adapter.  Retail stores are notorious for  not having
particularly good pricing, however I've picked up some really good  deals on
photographic gear when I knew what I was buying and they didn't  have a clue
as to what they were selling.  I'm not trying to beat up on  retail
establishments for their pricing, as I run a business and understand the  need
for making
a profit.  It is when I see a $175 price tag on an OM 10  with 50mm f1.8 and
no manual adapter, that I start scratching my head.   Even if I had an
interest in the camera, I have no place to start a meaningful  conversation
with them
about my buying the item.  Bill  Barber