[OM] Re: Does the XA easily tear film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Does the XA easily tear film?
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:53:39 -0500
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:27:21 -0500, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I couldn't bring myself
> to use the XA for fear of tearing the film sprockets again.
>
> Anybody had this experience?  Is this common or was I being heavy handed
> on the thumbwheel?

I used nothing but an XA on a two week trip to Chiapas, Mexico and I
had no problems at all with the camera.  This was the first time I'd
used this particular camera in a long while and I put about 11 rolls
of 36 exposure film through it.  Performed like a champ.  If your
advance is stiff enough to tear the sprocket holes, I think there is
something amiss with the camera or the particular roll of film.  Check
that the rewind knob turns freely with no film loaded.  Maybe it was
binding?

--Glenn