[OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:43:14 -0500
I was quite interested in purchasing one a couple of months ago as
well, still am, and one aspect I needed and found well rated for the
Olympus digital recorders was their ability to work with speech to
words  software. Just need to purchase software for computer. There is
some good variety in the PC world but only one in Mac.
On Feb 23, 2005, at 22:26, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I bought an Olympus recorder from Best Buy a couple of years ago and
> it has
> been a good recorder.  I had another previous to that by RCA that I
> liked
> in some ways a little better, but it used Smart Cards, and eventually
> just
> crapped out.  The Olympus uses flash memory and it's just better.  As I
> recall, the cost was determined as much by the memory capacity as
> anything.  I bought the cheapest and it was more than enough for my
> needs.
>
> Joel W.
>
> At 06:13 PM 2/23/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>
>> I am looking to buy a digital voice recorder, primarily for notes
>> while
>> taking pictures, as well as for general note-taking to compensate for
>> my
>> increasingly frequent "senior moments".
>>
>> I will stay loyal and buy an Olympus, of course!  Other than that, I
>> know nothing so will have to educate myself.  Anyone have experience
>> with these and want to offer suggestions/experiences?  I'm not so
>> concerned about capacity as I will probably download to a computer
>> regularly.  And I want to stick to a modest budget while insuring
>> reliability.
>>
>> Earl

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx