[OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digital recorders
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:45:29 -0000
Olympus DW-90 used here Earl - it cost less than $50 as a discontinued model
and is highly usable for quick voice notes, but also has switchable mic for
recording lectures etc.

It interfaces with the PC through USB for archiving the notes.  I haven't
found a way to inject the WAV format recordings into MSOffice speech
recognition, but I haven't tried very hard!

Later models use memory cards, and probably ditch the USB cable.

--
Piers