[OM] Re: A problem with digital

Subject: [OM] Re: A problem with digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:16:40 -0800
Pretty good lens according to Bjorn Roslett who is the current Nikon
lens guru.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_spec.html

55  mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor, rating 4 out of 5
The  faster f/2.8 version of the Micro-Nikkor had floating  elements to
make it perform equally well up close and for  distant scenes.
Unfortunately, the f/2.8 design is extremely prone to  getting
lubrication onto its aperture blades to make the aperture stick
unexpectedly when shooting. I gave up my f/2.8 after  having cleaned it
twice. It makes an excellent paper-weight, however. Newer versions may
have a stiffer  lubrication so as to minimise the seepage problem.
Storing the lens in an upright position and avoiding hot  spots such as
car trunks may also contribute to mitigate  this issue.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA