[OM] Re: [Photo] fun with the Olympus D560

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] fun with the Olympus D560
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:57:05 -0800
Richard Lovison wrote:

>Now I did it.  I've gone and toyed with the D560 too long and I started
>to get hooked with a digital camera........... Anyhow, here's one image
>showing the work of a tree munchin critter:
>
>http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/Winter9.html
>
>(a bit of color correction, some cropping, levels adjustment and a bit
>of sharpening)

I love the cat pics, such fun!

In a more serious vein,I really like the gnawed tree too. I would try to
retain more highlight detail so the snow has texture. I tried to see
what was in the posted image, and found some detail in the bottom part
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Beaver.htm>. It also gives more apparent
shape to the depression in the snow around the tree. My experience with
a simple P&S digicam has been that underexposure is always a good idea
if there are any highlight details I would like to capture. Just an
idea. :-)

Moose