[OM] Re: Still in the fold - new E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Still in the fold - new E1
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:06:34 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2005 11:41:41 PM Central Standard Time,
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've  only had the camera for 24 hours and haven't yet had a chance to shoot
much  more than the inside of a hotel room, but a couple of things I've
already
noticed are:

1) The Oly software crashed my laptop. Not sure what  that's all about.

Quit buying cheap computers with bootlegged software.

2)  If you must have a zoom, 28-108 is a nice range (but I already *need* a
macro  and a 300)

Was there ever any question in you mind about that?  Until you decide  to
make the plunge for the 300mm, just use you 135mm or 180mm on manual.

3)  The interface really is intuitive

Yes, it is isn't it?

4)  It didn't seem that big in the store next to the 20D and D70, but
compared  with my trusty OM-4Ti, this thing is HUGE! I may have to get a bigger
SUV
or a
trailer just to hault it around. I can't believe I own a  wonderbrick.

Cadillac is making their version of the Suburban now.  It certainly is  a
worthy motorcar for a southern gentleman to drive.  Guess you could buy  the
Chevrolet or GMC version and use the money you saved to buy the 300mm.   If you
buy a black one you could escort your dad on his trips and everyone would
think
he had Secret Service protection.

More when I get a chance to put this thing through its  paces.

Look forward to seeing your work.  You are going to like it.   {8^)  Bill
Barber