[OM] Re: FT 600/6.5 for 1000/11

Subject: [OM] Re: FT 600/6.5 for 1000/11
From: "Mark Calzaretta" <OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:16:03 -0500
Jeff,
What a memory. I just don't chime in too often.

Paddling in the wrong direction? It depends on the usage. Remember, we are
not even talking about double the focal length. The 1000 is 50% longer than
the 600 and weighs quite a bit more.

At the time I bought the 600/6.5, I was shooting down at the Everglades
Institute in Everglades National Park. The walk to the photo blind was over
a mile. It was a much nicer walk with the 600/6.5 than the 1000/11 and the
loss of 400mm was no big deal for me. I could carry a 2XA and get 1200/13
out of it if need be. You could also use the 1.4XA for a 840/8. You just
have to remove the frame mask at the rear of the lens for the teleconverter
to slip in place.

Mark