[OM] Re: 300/2.8 vs 150/2 vs 300/4

Subject: [OM] Re: 300/2.8 vs 150/2 vs 300/4
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:58:55 -0800
I find it amazingly difficult to wrap my head around comparable angles
of incidence in 35mm cinematography lenses as compared to my Zuikos
since it depends on the aspect ratio you're shooting as well as focal
length. Like, full frame my 18mm lens covers about 70 degrees
horizontal (which is about the same angle of incidence as my 28mm
Zuiko), but at 1.85 that becomes 60 degrees and in Super-35 it becomes
67 degrees. It's strange enough that my 75mm lens really sees like a
135mm Zuiko, but then to have that change considerably depending on the
aspect ratio is still tough for me to predict instinctively.