[OM] Re: wltb: 135/90 macro hood

Subject: [OM] Re: wltb: 135/90 macro hood
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:36:34 +0000
I've got one that I have used with not only the 90/2 and 135/4.5, but also the
50/2.  However, I've also got an old metal Tiffen screw-in hood that I use more
often, particularly when using a filter, and always if the filter is a
polarizer.  That's one of the reasons I don't care for the clamp-ons.

Instead of the proper but PITA Oly hood, you might try something like this,
which will work just as well, if not better in many circumstances, and is
cheaper and actually obtainable, not to mention adjustable:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=23164&is=REG

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from