[OM] Lens info

Subject: [OM] Lens info
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:37:36 EST
In a message dated 3/2/2005 11:21:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Your pages on OM Macro are full of all sorts of useful info. I've
> visited them a number of times. The data Paul Schings collected that's
> posted on my site is strictly the result of asking members here to
> participate, so it was necessarily a small sample. It appears your
> sample was larger or your method differed. How did you derive serial
> number info?

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to add to the lens list, I'd be happy to
accept new contributions. I'll bundle them up and send the back on to Scott so
he can update his website. I think there's a copy on Lee Hawkins' site as well.

For those who weren't around then, basically what I'm looking for is all of
the information on the front lens ring. Some lenses have the serial number
around the lens mount - so if it's there include that as well. Also mention
whether the lens is a silver nose or a black nose. You may need to actually
check
carefully for this - I have a 24/2 that I bought from a list member which is a
silver nose, though it took me about a year to figure that out because it had a
UV filter on it!

The original point of the list was to determine SC/MC cutovers, so a
description of the coating would be helpful as well.

Send any data directly to me at pschings@xxxxxxx Putting "Lens info" in the
subject line will help me keep it organized. :-)

Thanks,

Paul