[OM] OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)

Subject: [OM] OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:32:52 -0000
Walt Wayman wrote:

> Actually, as I understand it, it's not "creatures like us,"
> but ONLY us, being the perceived degree of cold on bare human
> skin.  It doesn't apply to furry or feathered critters, only
> to we naked apes.  That's why there is goose down and Goretex.

Wind chill factor will apply to anything that is warm-blooded. The more
or better the insulation, the less the "factor" of the wind chill.

The figures they use on telly refer to naked humans, I believe, and are
useful to us to judge how much we need to wear (and what) to insulate
ourselves to reduce the effect of wind chill.

Regards,

Simon