[OM] Re: Question about Zuiko Macro Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about Zuiko Macro Lens
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:23:43 -0500
Macros can be used as a 'normal lens without problem. The parallel is
not between the 80mm macro and the 50mm normal but rather between the
50mm macro and the 50 mm normal. The 80mm would be more like using a
normal 85mm. There are others with experience with the 80mm macro. I
use my 50mm3.5f macro all the time as a normal lens, but I would not
use it to entirely replace my regular 50mm which is faster and is a
very nice lens to use.
Bob
On Mar 3, 2005, at 21:49, Ali wrote:

> Question regarding Zuiko Macro Lenses. Since I do not own one yet but
> sort of keeping an eye out. Is a Macro strictly used for macro
> work/close-ups or can the lens be used to take "normal" photos? For
> example: Could I use an 80mm Macro in the place of a standard 50mm?
> Might sound like a dumb question but I thought I would ask.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Ali

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx