[OM] Re: [OT]Happy Independence Day

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Happy Independence Day
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:18:00 -0800 (PST)
Piers...:)
That relationship has been known to be a little rocky from time to time.
No country in Europe did as much as Bulgaria to help the jews during the
Holocaust.
My grandparents hid in their house two families they did not know from other
countries and they hated the nazis for what they did. But they hated with the
same passion the russians too, because the ones that came to their house were
the rare "Abu Graib" breed...and also called themselves "liberators"
They were smart enough not to impose their fillings on their children and me.
With the exception of the drunks, the ordinary russians are very nice and
intelligent.
Recently, I read an article how they liked to move to Bulgaria, because that
was the only country from the former Communist block that does not hate them (
I heard a rumor that the Brits are dying to buy property and retire there
too...:).  We still remember what they did for us.
We were labeled as the closes satellite, but life was completely different, so
was the standard of living.
Boris