[OM] Jez's OM stuff's going on ebay

Subject: [OM] Jez's OM stuff's going on ebay
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:26:15 +1300
Jez asked

> (not) Dumb question follows:
>
> I just listed a couple of items for sale (OM4 and Tamron 80-200 f/2.8).  It's
> the first time I've had to use ebay - my id is crdbbe - and the very first bid
> in both cases is the reserve price.  How did the buyer know how much to bid?
> Or
> did he make some sort of autobid that stopped when it hit the reserve?
>
> Thanks for helping an ebay-seller newbie
> best regds
> Jez
Most probably he bid well over £75, but since the reserve is such an
important barrier of interest to all bidders, Yabe shows only that reserve has
actually been reached. You will probably see that the next bid by another
person will show the bid by henry_yangy has actually risen in effective value,
yet he didn't need to do anything for it to show. Yabe will automatically rise
the level up to his maximum bid amount.

HTH

Brian