[OM] Re: Slide copying with Olympus E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Slide copying with Olympus E1
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:46:18 +0800
Moose, your experiment with the IT8 from Wolf Faust is very interesting. I
had consider the "camera" target from them too but I seldom shoot negative
these years so I have not buy one yet. Recently I consider to go back to use
more negative as Neat Image can solve my concern on the film grain and
negative has much wider latude.

I have no experience on the IT8 workflow but it seems that the film will no
longer affect the color accuracy, it means no matter you use Fuji Superia
400 or Kodak 160NC since it will be corrected anyway (at least under
daylight), is that true?

For the slide copy from E-1 it is not an option, I got very high contrast
result, you need very heavy adjustment and the resolution is of course not
as good as the one from film scanner.

C.H.Ling