[OM] Tokina 150-500 zoom, was Tamron 200-500mm zoom

Subject: [OM] Tokina 150-500 zoom, was Tamron 200-500mm zoom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:37:46 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:

>The 200-500/f5.6 typically seems to sell for about $375 and up. There was
>one that didn't sell recently(twice). It might be re-listed. There is also a
>Tokina ATX 150-500 but it has a relatively low rating by photodo.com.

Yet I've been happy with pics I've taken with the Tokina. Unfortunately
they were mostly taken before I started getting scans or bought a film
scanner, so I don't yet have scans of most. The ones I do have scans of
aren't the best for testing resolution, as they were taken on a misty,
rainy, windy day, but they may give some idea that it is at least a
pretty good lens <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Falling.htm>. The grain
of the 400 iso film seems as much a limiting factor as the lens.

Moose