[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 06:35:18 +0000
That was an interesting story, thanks Wayne.  I understand that many
photographers in this country have been going back to film to solve the
colour balance problem.  They have also been disappointed with white
rendition and colour fringing (source Amateur Photographer some months
ago).  Whatever the problem, I am sure that it can be sorted out, but
it takes time and expertise, which new arrivals to digital might be
short of ...

The only problem with the shot you showed, aside from the fact that the
bride does not seem to be smiling, is that her chin is expanded by the
shadow from the flash; I would not have noticed any colour cast myself.
  I should imagine that it is better to stick with one medium when
carrying out such a commission, but perhaps that is because I find it
difficult to switch between the 2.  There is also the difference in
reaction time between digital and film; does the 5050 react quickly
when you need it?

Chris