[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:28:30 +0800
It is completely different with my experience, to me digital has better
colour balance, I believe the problem is people don't know how to use their
tools. Film has no colour problem? Yes, all problems are from the lab, they
failed to adjust to the right colour :-) If you just set your DC to auto
white balance and expect come out right then it is impossible. For negative
film, you just put the colour adjustment job to the lab tech.

Colour fringing is a problem of most compact DC but you just see the problem
more easily because you view it 100% on the monitor, same problem could
happen on film camera but in most cases you just view a 4x6" print. Just
like the XA, it also has chroma problem. You don't need to wait, the DSLRs
are virtually free from these problems.

C.H.Ling