[OM] Re: [OT] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:09:40 +0000
When I started many moons ago, I seem to recall that the reel-to-reel tape was
even wider than 1 1/2 inches, but that may be the failing memory of a really
old fart.  I do recall clearly, though, that the recorders were about the size
of the average refrigerator, and in those days "film at eleven" meant exactly
that: ASA 160 DuPont 931A 16mm B&W reversal film pushed through a sometimes
balky Houston Fearless processor that, when working correctly, could go from
dry to dry in 28 minutes.

Sometimes it blew up and there was no film at eleven.  Like here:

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-767641.html

That's me in about 1963, trying to make the best of the day's events, in a
photo taken by my best friend and cohort at the time, who, sadly, didn't make
it back from a very bad place we both stupidly volunteered to go to in 1966.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --