[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:45:01 +0000
I think Wayne is merely pointing out the results that the obtained with
the equipment available to him Moose ...
On 7 Mar 2005, at 04:12, Moose wrote:

> Did you notice C.H's recent post about the new Rawshooter converter?
>
> "The extra benefit of this Rawshooter is it also convert C5050 RAW
> file,
> I have start to shoot RAW with C5050 as it has very fast saving speed
> (around 4 seconds) and I can get better control and quality image,
> especially used with NeatImage."

Rawshooter works only with Wintel machines, but Mac users might like to
try Adobe DNG Converter for making homogeneous all your raw files.  It
also compresses the files, "losslessly", which can only be a good
thing, especially for E-1 files.  I must confess that I have not
compared size of files before and after though.  Converting all my RAW
files, whether Olympus or C*non, to one format without loss of data is
a major boon, enabling me to catalogue my newly capture images using
Extensis's Portfolio.  Until I do this poor old Portfolio cannot
interpret .ORF files.

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker