[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:27:17 -0800
As was pointed out in a discussion I read on the merits of using the
center AF sensor or letting the AF camera do its thing what you see is
not always what you get. If you use a center placed focusing aid and
focus on the eyes and then reframe the picture with the eyes no longer
in the center, you are no longer focused on the eyes. Simple
trigonometry. Worst case scenario for focus error is a short focal
length lens at close distance. Longer lenses are better from the angle
point of view, but have less depth of field to hide the focus error.
Look at the ground glass before you press the shutter release.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA