[OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: thoughts on shooting wedding
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:55:21 -0400

> Obtain an optical slave with tripod socket and hotshoe.  I don't know if
> Ritz Photo does business in Canada but in the US you can walk into a
> Ritz store and pick one of these off the wall in a bubble pack for about
> USD 10-12.  You can buy them on yabe for about the same price but then
> you have to add shipping.  The two shoes at the top of this photo are
> Ritz slaves.  The bracket shown is used for mounting 2-4 T-32's.

<http://home.comcast.net/~chucknorcutt/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-
2086843.html>

>  You can, of course, do even better if you've got a second
> background light to help balance things out but one is better than
> nothing.  It may take some experimentation about where to place it but
> the C5050 will make that an easy process.  Just try to keep the flash
> itself positioned out of the field of view.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

This would probably help some, except that a lot of this wedding was shot in
more of a photo-journalistic style. It went along with the relaxed
atmosphere of a wedding at a historic Inn. I think it was the most relaxed
wedding I've been to, and in that sense one of the best. But for posed shots
your suggestion would be a help.
Wayne