[OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:55:57 -0800
Curmudgeon caution is wisdom sometimes. iPhoto is the free photo
application you get when you buy a Mac. The Photo iPod has a tiny color
screen that will let you look at the photos stored on it. It is not an
image tank for reading memory cards, at least at this point. The
multiple use devices may look intriguing, but they really don't do
anything really well. Most cannot display raw photos, for instance,
only jpeg. There is a review of three of the better ones in the new
MacWorld magazine. For what it is worth I experimented quite a bit and
Apple's AAC sound file is definitely better sounding than an MP-3 of
the same size.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA