[OM] OM-2N question

Subject: [OM] OM-2N question
From: Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:03:38 -0500
Speaking of FANGS...I guess this can go down as one perhaps. Browsing
Eb*y during work hours...I noticed a black OM-2N with a "BUY IT NOW"
price of $55.00 w/ 50m F1.8 lens. Taking a look at the pics.....the body
didnt look all the bad xcept for a "ding" on the bottom where the film
door meets the body of the cmaera. The seller had a picture of
it...although the picture made it look worse than it actually is... he
had perfect feedback...I figured I couldnt go wrong! Turns out that the
seller lives right here in Buffalo. So I went after worked and picked up
the camera and lens.

As for the pricing,  because the seller made a mistake or expected the
price to possibly go higher...he went ahead and listed it. He is an
older retiree and just does this sort of thing as a hobby. He purchases
stuff and keeps what he needs and sells the rest...which I could figure
out either.

Upon quick inspection...the body looks pretty good.....no brassing...no
real paint loss. The "passed" sticker is intact and there is an
"Olympic"? sticker on it as well. The "ding" is actually more like a
little piece of the body broke off....I asked him if he knew how this
happened but he could not remember. I know this cannot be
fixed.....unless I glue something there. However, I wonder....will this
cause light leaks or have any other type of affect?

- Ali