[OM] Re: MF film scanning

Subject: [OM] Re: MF film scanning
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:54:51 -0500
 He does a direct
>comparison on 6x7 slide film with a scan from a Flextight Precision 2
>scanner at 3200dpi. and shows the results at full pixel detail. He
>claims the 4870 is a bit better.
This is interesting, and further makes me interested in seeing a flextight in
person. Here in the provinces we have drum scanners and desktop scanners, but
nary a Imacon to be seen. i've seen a lot of postings on the web (for what they
may be worth) that indicate that the Imacons are not all that hot. Apparently,
many feel that there is a LOT of USM going on thebackground, that isn't all for
the best.

Now remember, pretty much all drum scanners have USM going on where you don't
know, but that is generally of a highly sophisticated version.

The more you find out, the less you know...

Bill Pearce

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.