[OM] Re: Velvia

Subject: [OM] Re: Velvia
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:26:02 -0400
Ahem. Ah, okay, I'll fess up to it. If you mean Kodak 100 Elitechrome Extra
Color, then I've shot quite a lot of it. It's colors are pretty saturated,
and the I'll admit the first few rolls I shot, I laughed at it as being
somewhere between cartoonish and just plain awful. Then I started to
actually like it. I wouldn't use it for portraits :-)

I used to shoot almost 100% Kodachrome 64, but haven't shot any of it for
quite a while now. I know it's a wild leap from Kodachrome to Elitechrome
Extra Color. Maybe it's my age. You know how they say the older you get the
more spicy you like the food? Has something to do with diminishing taste
buds or something I guess. Maybe that explains my taste in colors. It works
good on the bright clothing in Bolivia, and in the markets, and places like
that. People who see the slides seem to like it.

I now shoot mostly Kodak E100VS, and probably have about 40 to 50 rolls
stashed ahead in the fridge - got a bargain on it. It seems to be basically
the same thing as the Elitechrome.

Wayne