[OM] Re: Velvia

Subject: [OM] Re: Velvia
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:44:21 -0800
The Velvia thingy from what I understand only increases the saturation
and changes the contrast. It completely ignores the difference in color
balance. While Velvia appears to be contrasty it just has a higher
black point to get those nice velvetlike shadows. You can do those
small adjustments yourself. All the Fred Miranda stuff is essentially
recipes for making settings in Photoshop, most of which are pretty
simple.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA