[OM] Re: First day out with the E-1 and 11-22

Subject: [OM] Re: First day out with the E-1 and 11-22
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:18:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 13 March, 2005 10:57 AM

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 06:57:54 +0000, Chris Barker wrote:
>
> >On a more serious note, what do you think of the handling of the 11-22?
> >  It looks like a large beast to me.
>
> Compared to my OM-4T with the 21/3.5, it is a monster. My only real
complaint about going digital is that these cameras and lenses are ENORMOUS.
Whereas

what are the chances of high end digitals down sizing to match the
measurements of an OM SLR or an M6 rangefinder with lens sizes to match?

jh

> I could mount one lens on my OM, and then two lenses in the front pockets
of my khakis and go out for an afternoon shoot. No way I can stick one of
these
> auto lenses in a front pocket.

You just need a larger khaki or one with bigger pockets :-)

jh