[OM] Re: prints from slides

Subject: [OM] Re: prints from slides
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:59:08 -0800 (PST)
In my experience,  the Fuji Frontier scanning is optimized for
negatives and is mediocre with slides.  The only place I have had
consistently good (not necessarily great) scans from slides is from
Kodak on their professional Master Photo CD(not the consumer )system
(and it is reasonably priced).  Not many places offer that service.
You pretty much have to do your own scanning unless you can pay an
arm and a leg.  Once scanned well, the frontier system gives me
consistently great prints at a great price.  You have to optimize
your scan yourself and tell them to NOT adjust the photo.  What you
get out of the Frontier is exactly what your scan looks like on your
PC if your monitor is adjusted.

--- Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I amy give the local lab that does my E-6 a shot, but my expereince
> with
> using the Frontier type system was terrible when using slides. It
> may be
> an issue of operator erro though. It may just be time to invest in
> film scanner.
>
> Jim Couch
>
> BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >them. Everyone else has gone to the print/scan systems that see
> negative and reversal as basically the same thing, Fuji's Frontier
> being an example. I find it incredible that no one in the
> Seattle/Tacoma area has one of these machines and is printing from
> slides. I would look closer. Sometimes I think that the demise of
> film is hastened by ill-informed camera store people.
> >
> >Bill Pearce

Don Shedrick

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging