[OM] Re: 100/2.8 serial nos. - Re: Re: 100/2.8 $99 BIN

Subject: [OM] Re: 100/2.8 serial nos. - Re: Re: 100/2.8 $99 BIN
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:57:16 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Jeff Keller wrote:

> M-System system doesn't count  ;-)   But with your website showing 103118 to
> be an M-System and 103189 as an OM-System you've raised a question. Do you
> know if the early serial nos. continued in sequence across the M-System to
> OM-System  change?

It depends, most of the lenses seem to have had their serial numbers rounded
up to the next 1,000 or 10,000 at the switchover.  There are a few examples
where they actually restarted the count back to 100,000!  There are examples
of OM lenses having serial numbers lower than a similar M-system lens.  I guess
Olympus left it up to each design/production team to decide what to do.
                                -mark