[OM] Re: REAL photographers can apologize

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers can apologize
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:21:50 +0000
I took Barry's original comment of "BTW - REAL shooters don't carry tupperware
;)" to be in response to my saying I had taken off my holster and Glock when I
heard the Atlanta courthouse shooter had been captured.  Because Glocks are
part plastic (actually, a high-tech polymer),  firearms enthusiasts who prefer
the traditional all-steel weapons sometimes derisively refer to Glocks as
Tupperware.  It's nearly always said with a smile and in good humor, and
usually is taken that way.  Keeps us from shooting each other unnecessarily.
:-)

Or did I miss something else about Tupperware?  If so, excuse the ring.  Of
course, I suppose we could apply the Tupperware label in the same humorously
derogatory way to most of today's cameras, too, like the rEvolt, et al.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --