[OM] Re: (OM) Increased uncertainties on auction sites

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Increased uncertainties on auction sites
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:43:34 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2005 5:04:12 PM Central Standard Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Others  sell on behalf, and again they may have NO idea about the finer
points are  of what they are selling.

Yes, in the USA there are shops that will sell your stuff on ebay and
getting an answer to any questions about an item they are selling is a crap
shoot
at best.  That is the downside of dealing with these folks.  The  upside is
that if you know what the heck you are doing there is an  excellent opportunity
for getting a very good deal.  I recently  purchased a 4X5 view camera, because
I wanted the lens, through just such an  outfit.  My expectation is that at
the end of the day, when I've sold the  camera and case it came in, I will have
a very nice Schneider 180/315mm  convertible lens with a dead on perfect
shutter, 2 like new 4X5 film holders, a  nice dark cloth and a very nice lens
wrap
for close to, if  not, free.  The experience to get to this point was not
free, however  my lessons are benefiting me now.  I guess my advice would be to
not expect  too much in the way of information, rely on your intuition, use a
snipe program  and you may well end up with a good deal.  Bill  Barber